Nature Berguedà.

Mushrooms - Poisonous - Cortinaris (Cortinarius orellanus)

There are different species within the group of cortinaris that are very toxic, especially orellanus Cortinarius is a species that can be deadly. This fungus lives micorrizogen planifolia and also associated with conifers in thermophilic environments, especially with oaks, chestnut and beech, on siliceous soils. Fortunately, they are very heavy and difficult to confuse with any edible mushroom commonly used. The symptoms produced can be revealed between 2 and 17 days from the time of ingestion, and finally leading to destruction of renal function irreversibly in most cases. The main symptoms are tiredness, extreme thirst with dry mouth and lips, burning sensation on the tongue, loss of appetite, headaches and liver and kidney disorders.